Baking is a highly demanded and sought after skill in today’s day and age. It is not only sought after, it also comes with its own set of perks and benefits. One of the major benefit of studying bakery and confectionery is the job prospects and career options in the field.
Baking courses offer you a number of job opportunities not just at the local and national level, but also at an international level. The certification in professional courses in bakery arts or a degree in hotel management serves as the best route for progression in this profession. This is why Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management offers a certificate course in baking and confectionery, bringing world class education to the students in India at the top hotel management college in India. Many of the top luxury hotels hire well-trained bakers that help to gain exposure in the baking profession, with handling and baking techniques.
Professional Designations of Baking and Pastry Making Industry
With the increasing number of hotels, professional bakeries, restaurants the demand for professional bakers is also increasing. There are distinctive departments for bakery goods makers that work on their allotted work regulations according to their designation and skills. Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management teaches the right skills to its students making their careers in the dessert world a sweet deal, making it the best bakery institute in Uttarakhand. Various opportunities are available in this career and some of the designations are below mentioned.
- Pastry Chef or Pâtissier: These are the in-charge of the dessert menu, and do all the necessary arrangements in making the baking items. The Pastry chefs or Pastissier also performs administrative duties.
- Bakers: Bakers are for baking the distinctive range of bread and all the material which required to make pastries, cake or other baking products. Becoming a baker requires a great amount of training as this is a highly skilled job. The baker must be master is handling all the tools that help to prepare the baking stuff.
- Food Service Managers: These manage the daily function of staff and organization within their department. Food services managers perform duties like scheduling, hiring, training, ordering, inventory and inspection work.
- Cake Decorator: A cake decorator, requires innovative skills with knowledge of a variety of decorating tools. These apply icing, toppings, decorations on the cakes, pastries, puddings etc by writing customized messages.
- Bakery Technologist: The bakery technologist is responsible for creating, developing, launching and implementing new products. Responsible for managing R&D projects.
- Bakery Sanitation Manager: These are for general sanitation of the plant that looks after the activities. product safety, quality check, and legality of the bakery products their team prepares.
Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management, Dehradun also offers programmes like Bachelors in Hotel Management, Diploma in Hotel Management, Certificate Course in Bartending, along with a Certificate Course in Bakery and Confectionery.