The college is affiliated to the Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (A Central University), Srinagar, Uttarakhand and approved by the National Council for Teachers' Education (NCTE), Ministry of H.R.D, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The college follows the curriculum prescribed by H.N.B. Garhwal University. The B.Ed. is a two-year, full-time teacher education programme which prepares teachers for the secondary and higher secondary school level.
Eligibility for the programme is Bachelor Degree and /or Master Degree or any other Qualification equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% marks for SC, ST and OBC Category Candidates.
Duration of the Programme:
The B.Ed. Programme is of four semesters, spread over two years duration, with a theory and practicum component for each semester.
Medium of Instruction:
The medium of instruction and examination is English and Hindi for all courses.
Admission is strictly based on Entrance Examination and counselling conducted by the University.
The fees is fixed by the state government i.e. Rs. 42,000 for State Quota, Rs.55,000 for the Management Quota.
DATA BASE INFORMATION AS PER NCTE MANDATORY DISCLOSURE FORMAT
- Name of the Institution: Pestle Weed College of Information & Technology
- Date of Establishment: 05 July 2005.
- Complete Postal Address: Oak Hill Estate Mussoorie Diversion Road} Dehradun.
- Phone (with STD code): 0135-2734336, 2734581
- Fax: 0135-2735904
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website Address: www.pwcit.com.
- Nearest Rly. Station: Dehradun
- Nearest City: Dehradun
- Type of Institution (Boys/Girls/co-education): Co-education
- Status of Institution (Minority/ non-minority): Non-Minority
- Government owned:
- Govt. aided:
- Self-financed: Yes
- University Department:
- Level of the course: Graduation / PG/UG
- Name of the Teacher Education course: B.Ed / M.Ed. / B.A. B.Ed. B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated course
- Duration of the course: B.Ed / M.Ed.- Two year/ B.A. B.Ed. B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated course – Four year
- Whether to be conducted in face-to-face or distance mode: Face-to-Face
- Intake: B.Ed-200/M.Ed-50/ B.A. B.Ed.-50/ B.Sc. B.Ed. 50
- Academic session from which the course will be conducted:
- B.Ed from 2005-06
- M.Ed from 2008-09
- B.A. B.Ed. B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated course from 2018-22
- Details of the Affiliating Body:
|Name: B.Ed / M.Ed.- H.N.B. Garhwal University Srinagar Garhwal B.A. B.Ed. B.Sc. B.Ed. Integrated course- Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University.|
|Address/Tel/Fax No.: H.N.B.G.U., Srinagar, Garhwal/ S.D.S.U.V, Badshahithaul, Tehri Garhwal.|
|Phone - H.N.B.G.U-01346-252167,252143/ S.D.S.U.V- 01376-254065|
|Fax No - H.N.B.G.U-01346-252174/ S.D.S.U.V-01376-254065|
|Website - hnbgu.ac.in / sdsuv.ac.in|
- Land Area in Sq.mt.: 48321 sqmt.
- Whether the Title of the land is on ownership basis Ownership basis Partly owned & partly long leased.
- Title of the land is on lease as per law:
- Duration of the lease:
- Land use certificate obtained for Education Institution: Annexure-I
- Construction of the building is completed: Yes Annexure-II
- Building is yet to be constructed:
- Building is fire safety-proof: Yes
- Building is disabled friendly: Yes
- Common room for boys/girls available: Yes
- Date of completion of the building: Completed before the year 2000
- Covered area in sq.mt: 3718.79 sqm
- Number of classrooms: 20
- Other facilities: Available
- The Library has separate reference section journals section and reading room: Yes
- Number of books in the library: 12167
- Total numbers of education journals/periodicals being subscribed: 23 journals, 4 periodicals
- Number of encyclopedias available in the library: 16
- Number of books available in the reference section of the library: 2024
- Seating capacity of the reading room of The library: 60 at a time
- Details of Laboratories available:
Physics Laboratory Biology Laboratory Chemistry Laboratory Psychology Laboratory Language Lab. Computer Lab. ICT Lab. Work Experience
- Arrangement made for practice teaching: Yes
- Number and name of schools for practice teaching:
|Govt. Inter College Guniyal Gaon.|
|The Pestle Weed School|
|Shahansahi Inter College|
|Children’s Academy D.Dun.|
- Details of proposed/appointed teaching staff (Date of Birth, Qualification, Professional qualification, and other relevant information: Attached as Annexure- IV
- Details of Recognition: Attached as Annexure-V
- Own playground: Yes
- Play ground of another institution on sharing basis: No.
- Gymnasium Multipurpose hall: Yes
- Facilities for athletics: Yes
- Facilities for indoors games: Yes
- Facilities for outdoor games: Yes
- Canteen facilities available or not: Yes
- Medical facilities available or not: Yes
- Hostel facilities available or not: Yes
- Building is disabled friendly: Yes
STRUCTURE OF THE B. Ed. PROGRAMME
|Broad Curricular Areas||Courses|
|Perspectives in Education||Course 1: Childhood and Growing Up Course
2: Contemporary India and Education Course
3: Learning and Teaching
Course 6: Gender, School and Society
Course 8: Knowledge and Curriculum
Course 10: Creating an Inclusive School
|Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies||Course 4: Language across the Curriculum
Course 5: Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
Course 7 (a & b): Pedagogy of a School Subject
Course 9: Assessment for Learning
Course 11: Optional Courses
|Engagement with the Field – the Self, the Child, Community and School||Tasks and Assignments that run through all the courses as indicated in the year wise distribution of the syllabus. School Internship|
|Courses on Enhancing Professional Capacities (EPC)||Course EPC 1: Reading and Reflecting on Texts Course EPC 2: Drama and Art in Education Course EPC 3: Critical Understanding of ICT Course EPC 4: Understanding the Self|